We are open every day of the year! A visit to the park takes approximately 1 – 1,5 hours.
|Regular opening times||December 25 + January 1|
|8:00 AM – 4:00 PM*||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM*|
*Time of last admission, the park closes its gates 1 hour later.
We are located 2km north of Copán Ruinas’ central square, on the road to Sesesmil and Agua Caliente. Using the “tuctuc” motorcycle taxis available everywhere in Copán Ruinas is a fun and convenient way to get here.
At the park
- Our staff speaks Spanish and English.
- Our park has its own parking lot and is wheelchair accessible.
- Pets are not allowed in the park.
- The birds get a rest at noon and are again available for photos at 1:00 PM
- Cold drinks are for sale at the entrance, our Café Miramundo (by Finca Miramundo) offers hot and cold drinks, snacks and ice cream.
- WiFi is available at several locations in the park.
- We have a natural bathing pool, bring swim gear if you would like to use it.
- Learn more about our birds before your visit.
Tickets & admission prices
Tickets can be purchased upfront at several venues in Copán Ruins. Please ask the receptionist at your hotel for more information. Or simply buy them directly at the park’s ticket counter when you come and visit us.
For groups, please give us a call. We accept credit cards.
Prices subject to change depending on exchange rates on the day of your visit. All applicable taxes as well as a photo opportunity with our birds included. Proof of ID required in order to enjoy the discounted rates (★). Please note that at this time we do not offer discounts for students.
|Adults and children age 11 and older||L (HNL)||Q (GTQ)||$ (USD)|
|★ Special rate for Honduran nationals||120||48||5|
|★ Special rate for residents of Copán Ruinas, Santa Rita and Cabañas||60||24||2,5|
|Children ages 4 – 10||L (HNL)||Q (GTQ)||$ (USD)|
|★ Special rate for Honduran nationals||60||24||2,5|
Copán es MÁS
Every year over 100,000 people make the journey to our friendly town to admire the great legacy of the Maya dynasty founded by King K´inich Yax K´uk´ Mo (“Great Sun, First Quetzal-Macaw”). Many of those visitors also find their way to our bird park, currently the #2 attraction in the Copán area, and spend time here in one of the safest towns of Honduras.
So “Copán es MÁS”, Copán is more: Mayas + Aves (birds) + Seguridad (security). But Macaws + Archaeology + Security works just as well in English. And in fact, there is even more: Copán is also museums, agritourism, wellness & spa, and adventure tours. Find out more on the website of the Copán Ruinas Tourism Chamber.